Sunday 1 February 2015

To heel or not to heel...that is the question

Having been dancing for four years this year, nothing amazes me more than seeing other ladies on the dance floor dancing elegantly in heels.

When I attempt to dance in heels, unless it is very slow lindy of blues, I look like Bambi...on ice. I have tried numerous times in varying heel heights but I just find I feel incredibly unstable. Especially on faster tracks. Fast tracks in heels brings me out in a nervous sweat! And fast tracks in heels on a lovely slippery floor - scary! I've yet to try dancing in a wedge shoe yet - any opinions would be welcomed!

On top of that, and this is probably a slightly silly reason, but my dancing heels from Remix and Miss L Fire, well they all cost more than your average pair of shoes, and I don't want to scuff them. I know totally ridiculous.

But my white dancing pumps (I'm cheap and wear the £3 offerings from good old Primark!) if they get dirty and scuffed, well they were only £3 so who cares. I tend to wear my darling dancing heels to work complete with some great Revival Retro dress of something from Betty Page - I like to rock the40s/ 50s secretary look for work if you hadn't worked that out! 

But considering how many ladies I see dancing beautifully in heels, sometimes I wonder if it's just me?

Are there other follows (although this does mainly go out to the female follows - but male heel wearing follows do get in touch!) who feel the same?

The only consolation (for me anyway) is that when I look at pictures of dancers at the Savoy Ballroom, the majority of ladies are in flats.

For the moment, all my pretty dancing heels will just have to be pretty heels.

No comments:

Post a Comment