Sunday 17 October 2010

If you go down to the woods today

The late Autumn sunshine filled my room again this morning, but as it is a Sunday i decided to stay snuggled up in bed feeling both the warmth of the sun and my duvet. It was only after getting a text from Smokey Bacon's mum to let me know that Woody and herself were on their way to visit that i decided i should probably get up, get dressed, have a quick tidy up and of course make a cake and check we had teabags!

Now dressed, in my original 1940s dress (one of my favourite dresses) Tank and i decorated the cakes and by the time the icing had set the doorbell rang. I was greeted by an excitable Woody and a hug from Smokey Bacon's mum. After a quick chat, cup of tea and a cupcake, we headed off to Virginia Water to enjoy a gloriously sunnny Autumn day.

We let Woody off the lead who trotted off to have a sniff about, and did his best to avoid the other dogs, all eager to make friends, Woody not the slightest bit interested or impressed by their efforts.After a bit of a walk we stopped for a lunch of Brie, bread, grapes and a cupcake each in a very sunny spot, to the extent i could feel the sun overpoweringly* hot on my tights clad legs!

Comfortably full after a tasty lunch we headed off again, and it wasn't long before an ice cream van came into sight, despite our full bellys, there is always room for a 99!

Back at home once again, a pot of tea was made and i showed Smokey's mum the Christmas present i had bought him in Windsor yesterday and some of my recent clothes purchases, including some tweed trousers, a duck cardigan and my dress for an upcoming 1920s party.

Now Smokey's mum has gone, i'll spend the rest of day attempting to do some uni work but ultimately finding anything else to other than work! Am cooking a chicken vegatble curry for dinner with Tank which the thought of is already making me very hungry, and will chat to Smokey later this evening which is always a highlight of my day.

*i have now decided that this is a real word

No comments:

Post a Comment