Friday 29 October 2010

Home Comforts

I took advantage of reading week and my lack of work to come home for a couple of days, enjoy some home cooked food and a good nights sleep! Since my parents were on holiday my grandad came to pick me up from uni. Whenever he comes to pick me up he always comes really early in the morning in order to miss the traffic, so at 5 in the morning i was dressed and ready to go! Hearing the car pull up outside and grandads name come up on my mobile to let me know he was outside, i grabbed my bags and coat and off we went!

We chatted for a bit, i ate the sandwich he had lovingly made, then i dozed off until we were back home- i say home, but i actually mean nan and grandad's house, but since i spent my early childhood there, it will always be refered to as home.

After having a nap, i enjoyed a breakfast of bacon sandwiches and lots of tea! We spent the day chatting about uni, christmas and family stuff, stopping only briefly so nan and grandad could watch Judge Judy...which i must admit they have me slightly hooked on!

As usual we went out for dinner in the evening. Nan and grandad always say how proud it makes them to take me out, and i'm proud to go out with them- the best grandparents i think anyone could ask for!

After a lovely 3 course dinner, we headed home and had some more tea before we all turned in for the night. As i laid in bed that evening, i felt truly content after a lovely meal and amazing company, and i consider myself to be incredibly lucky to have grandparents like i do!

No comments:

Post a Comment