Friday 9 March 2012

What an exciting week!

So this week started with what I thought would just be a normal week of work experience in London.

Monday comes and goes, all is fine. Then, midday Tuesday I get an email "Come and see me I want to have a chat with you." Oh my god! I had obviously just done something awful and was about to get a rucking. So, shaking a bit, I went downstairs and spoke to the sender of the email... and that's when something amazing happened.

The words, "our editor has been really impressed" and "we don't want to lose you" were ringing in my ears as I went back to my desk. What was to be just a week work experiences had just turned into a 6 month contract!

I couldn't believe it! But the worst thing was that I was supposed to be moving to Windsor on the 12th to start an  internship with a different company...well you know what they say about buses, shame they never give you any hints on how to let down whatever bus driver you intend to let down!

Nonetheless, despite the fact I felt bad that I would be letting someone down, I already knew what my decision was. Yesterday, the contract was drawn up and signed, my decision had been made...so I called the Windsor people telling them I wouldn't be doing their internship any more.

I know business is business, but I did feel so awful about letting them down!

But, I am so excited about this contract! Already this week the East India Company has been in to our office with lots of goodies, and goody bags, for us to try, and next week I'm going to some swanky launch of a pop up bar somewhere in London!

Ahh, I am one happy girl at the moment! And to all of those who thought I'd never do it well pfft!

No comments:

Post a Comment