Wednesday 28 March 2012

Bugle Boy

When I graduated uni, I moved back home with a heavy feeling in my heart that that was the end of life as I knew it. I wouldn't have anything to do and my uni friends were no longer living a stones through away. I was determined to find something to keep me entertained and fill this void I now felt I had in my life.

I've always been a fan of anything and everything vintage so when I found a Charleston and Lindy Hop class in my town I was pretty pleased. So I went along one Monday night and have never looked back!

To say that I enjoy the class is an understatement, I love it! And last night I was lucky enough to attend Bugle Boy, a musical about the life of Glenn Miller, at The Palace theatre and show an audience of people just how much I love it! I wasn't in the show, but myself and some fellow swingers (in the dancing sense) were asked to dance before the performance and during the show in the aisles to get the 500 strong audience in the mood.

So I have my Lindy Hop class to thank for giving me the chance to dance in front of 500 people to Glenn Miller who I just love! And Saturday I get to do it all over again for the matinee performance.

So if you find yourself bored on Saturday, come down to the Palace Theatre and watch us dancing!

No comments:

Post a Comment