Monday 16 March 2015

I DON'T want to dance

It's not very often those words slip out of my mouth. In fact, that may be the first time I've ever said it. But nonetheless, this weekend at The Ivy House (their Sunday roast is truly epic FYI), I found myself at a dance gig not wanting to dance.

Why? Because the band that were playing were of such a quality that all I wanted to do was sit back (with a glass, OK a large glass, of red) and enjoy watching them create amazing music.

Doollaly Tap at The Ivy House, Nunhead

I have seen Doollaly Tap before, at the Shoreditch Townhall, and since I first saw them I have no doubt when I say they have become one of, if not my favourite live band to see in London.

I have danced to them before, they are an amazing band to dance to, but watching the band members interact with each other, have fun on stage and create amazing music gives me just as big a buzz.

My friend and I enjoying the band, Sunday lunch, and a nice glass of red!
I guess this may be because I was already a fan of the genre of music before I started dancing. Indeed it was the music that made me want to learn. 

I'm not sure if other dancers have felt this way on seeing a band but I have to say it's a first for me.

Living and breathing Lindy, sometimes I forget how nice it is to sit back and just watch a group of amazing musicians create great sounds.

www.doollalytap.co.uk  
www.ivyhousenunhead.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment