Wednesday 23 September 2015

Advice from the archive: 1925

Working here at The Lady, I'm incredibly lucky in that I can wonder down to our creepy (and definitely haunted) basement and look at our top notch archive.

Having started in 1885 and celebrating it's 130th year this year, no other publication has as rich and complete an archive and I relish times when I have a spare moment to go and sit amongst the dusty shelves and read past copies.

Spanning the sinking of the Titanic, two world wars, and countless other events in history, it gives a unique look into the social history of our country.

Whilst sitting in said scary basement this week, the history lover, and more importantly, the dancer in me was beyond chuffed to discover this little gem; Beauty tips for dancers from 19th November, 1925.

Click on the picture and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment