Friday 3 January 2014

A New Year

Over a month since my last post! Not wanting to make up excuses but I blame the Christmas madness completely. My mind has been more on tinsel and cooking the Christmas dinner (which I attempted for the first time, and even if I say it myself, was a huge success).

So a new year! I saw in 2014 at Kettners with a best friend. Cabaret, dancing, live music and maybe the odd cocktail and glass of champagne or two. And because we were the craziest flappers going, we finished the evening under a blanet on the sofa with a cup of tea watching The Holiday- I defy any young girl about town to not fall for Jude Law in that film.


Normally I'm the one having a bit of a cry when Big Ben chimes and everyone burst into Old Lang Syne at midnight, but I was surprised this year when the moment came and I was tear free.

I'm not exactly sure why I cry, I just find the whole thing quite emotional. Obviously if you've had a bad year, the joy of seeing in a new year full of new oppourtunities might make you weep. But even if my year has be ok, I'm there, all teary and snot filled.





2013 wasn't all too bad of a year in all. Ok so there was the odd guy trouble, but that's not uncommon for most girls.


Being superstitious and very much in to the idea of fate and all that (not going to lie, love a bit of Jonathan Cainer) I'm hoping that maybe it's a sign that 2014 will be different. Dare I say it a great year.


No comments:

Post a Comment