Monday 23 April 2012

Tea cups and gin

This weekend was yet another opportunity for me to don me 20s get up and party like it's 1929.

New dress on (a beautiful duck egg blue drop waist number) and hair set with many pic curls, my friends and I set off for The Victoria Tunnels in London for this months Prohibition party.

As always, I knew it would be a totally spiffing evening, especially as we had consumed large amounts of booze on the minibus enroute! But the acts of the evening made it a real night to remember!

Tricity Vogue was the star event of the evening in my eyes. Performing real old tunes and new tunes with a 20s sound, there wasn't a lot you couldn't like about Tricity Vogue.

Singing along to Video Killed the Radio Star whilst supping Gin and Elderflower from a very pretty teacup was a real highlight of the evening.

If you've never heard of Tricity Vogue then I'd strongly advise you check her out!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the lovely mention! I just found it while searching the web to see if there were any videos of my band doing Video Killed The Radio Star - there are none! We must amend this situation forthwith. Deeply enjoying your blog. I always thought it would be rather marvellous to work for The Lady magazine.
    Lots of love
    Tricity xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only just seen this as I'm rubbish and have massively neglected my blog! Glad you like it:) loved your performance then and have been to many more since! Xxx

    ReplyDelete