Wednesday 18 April 2012

An evening or Sea Chanties and wine

Jazz music is always going to be where my main musical passion lies. But I also love folk music and sea chanties.

There is just something about the sound of a fiddle that makes me want to jump up and jig around- although I usually just keep it to a lively foot tap!

Maybe it's my love of, and the fact that i live near the sea that makes me appricate this music. But i think in the main, it's the melancholy tunes and words that have me hooked. Sailors singing of their love on dry lands, it's so heartfelt how can you not be moved?!

Being an old romantic, melancoly tunes are very much on my radar, so an evening of sea chanties and wine in a little hide away in Limehouse, is my idea of an evening well spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment