Monday 27 February 2012

A new adventure

Life has recently got very exciting, but very scary at the same time.

My dream job  is to be a journalist, or have a job that means I can write about lots of interesting things. When I left uni I applied for loads of jobs and nothing was happening and I was basically starting to think that I'd be stuck with my job working in a cafe forever- which don't get me wrong, is fun and I enjoy, but it's not the career I had in mind for myself.

But I recently applied for an internship and got it! So from the 12th of March I'll be working as a journalist for a month in Windsor!! But as its for the month, and I couldn't really expect to have a month off work, especially as I had literally just had a week off for a placement at The Lady magazine, I did the crazy thing and quit my job.

Now if you know me you will know that that is a big deal. I have never not had a job and I am always panicking about money, so for me to quit my job is pretty scary.

On the contrary i realised that this is it, no not the Michael Jackson tour that never was but a new adventure! Ok so when the internship is up I might not get a job out of it, but hopefully it will open doors for me that were firmly shut before.

Yes I quit my job, and it is very scary, but I keep thinking to myself bigger and better things could be around the corner...wish me luck! I'll be sure to keep you updated!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment