Sunday 20 February 2011

Lovely times

I intended to spend my reading week getting a lot of work done. being already ahead of schedule work wise, it was never going to be an intense week of work. It now turns out it was a week of zero work, but for a rather lovely reason.

Smokey was to be back in England for the week!!! And on top of this Tuesday through to Thursday he would be spending with me! I was now very glad I was ahead of schedule work wise, as any work I was planning to do I had now scrapped in sight of lovely times ahead.

So Tuesday, I went to work as normal. My little fruit and veg stall job seeming all the more enjoyable, knowing that in a few hours I could leave work, go for a celebratory afternoon tea at Oakley Court, and then on arriving home and knocking at my front door, since I had left the keys so Smokey could get in, the front door would then be answered by Smokey himself!

I'm lucky, he's lucky, you're lucky, we're all lucky!!
2 o'clock comes and i get my pay, and leave work for Jennies. As if the day wasn't going to be exciting enough, before i got to see smokey would be going to Oakley Court to celebrate Jennie getting into Reading for her PCGE

After some lovely sandwiches, cakes, scones, 6 pots of tea and me sliding down the banister of the stairs recreating like Magenta before they all burst into the Time Warp, I was in the car enroute home!

The next few days are a blur of loveliness. From snuggling up listening to Classic FM, seeing the King's Speech (such a good film!!) and going out for lunch and dinner (although the later of the two did give me a case of food poisoning. Note- don't go to Staines Harvester ever again!).

And despite me being quite sick most of Thursday, the thought of the lovely past couple of days together, kept a smile on my face...even though it couldn't be seen due to my head being down a toilet.

So today I am getting lots of work done, so when Smokey is here again tomorrow, we can snuggle up listening to Classic FM, eating Lindt, and not feel guilty.

No comments:

Post a Comment