Wednesday 8 April 2015

The Thigh Clap

I am a curvy size 12/14 (I can squeeze my waist into a size 10 50s style cinched in dress or skirt - a fact I'm rather chuffed with) and I am incredibly comfortable in my own skin. Without wanting to sound like a big headed knob, I actually love the way I look.

This includes my chunky thighs (and my large bum, hips and tummy).

But although I like how I look, I don't always love the way I sound. Yes, any dancer with larger thighs will know exactly where I'm about to go here... the dreaded thigh clap.

I remember the first time it happened. I was helping to teach a class, It was a warm summers evening so I had bare legs. Whilst demonstrating a move with my partner I heard it. The sound of my wobbly thighs clapping together. I was mortified. Had others heard it? Did this happen to other people?

I wondered if anyone else had heard the cacophony of clapping from my never regions...

Now with warmer weather approaching and I'm starting to put my tights away, thoughts of the thigh clap are at the fore. Especially as I'm off to Swing Crash in Italy in June.

Luckily I know I'm not alone, gin fueled conversations with my girlfriends has shown that I'm not the only one in the Thigh Clap Club or the TCC if you will.

Still I'm wondering what others who have had this happen to them do? Some of my friends wear little shorts, but I get hot dancing as it is, without another layer of clothing.

So far I have yet to find a solution so I have decided to look at the bright side. At least someone will be clapping me when I dance!

No comments:

Post a Comment