Thursday 19 February 2015

Goodnight Sweetheart

There are a vast number of dance camps a lindy hopper could attend around the globe. The first one you go to will more than likely always have a soft spot in your heart, and you'll find yourself returning year on year.

I went to my first Jiveswing Goodnight Sweetheart four years ago and have never looked back.

Hanging out with Norma and Chazz

The first year I went just for the social dances but after I decided to attend the full event, classes and all.

Having crewed for two following camps (my duties were to look after the teachers, meaning I was lucky enough to meet the legends Norma Miller and Chazz Young), this year I went as a regular dancer.

Norma and Chazz lead a Shim Sham at 2014 GNSH

This year was also the first year I opted for the advanced dance level - actually I was more pushed as the Intermediate/Advanced level was full - but I could not be more grateful to Charlotte, on of the camp organizers for giving me that push.

Before the camp I was nervous I would be bottom of the class so to speak but now, post event, I am just elated. I learnt so, so much and loved, loved, loved my classes. I came away having not just learnt new steps, but understanding the moves and feeling like a better dancer.

The survivors picture on the last night. Gone 5am at this point!

On top of great classes the social evenings were just fantastic.Quite frankly, I don't think you can go wrong with social dancing to great music, with fun people, until gone 5 in the morning!

For anyone who hasn't been to Goodnight Sweetheart (GNSH) yet, I really can't recommend it enough!!

Get the date in your diary for next year! www.gnsh.co.uk  


No comments:

Post a Comment