Friday 10 February 2012

Busy Times

I was worried when I left uni that my life would be over. All my friends would be scattered to the wind after we all went back to our home towns, and I would have nothing to do. The thing that scared me most though, as I went back to my summer job, was would I get a job that would make my three years at uni worth while?

The boredom thing I conquered quite quickly, joining an am dram group and a dance class I soon found that I only had one spare evening! On the contrary the job thing was starting to worry me.

With this fire burning in my belly, i applied to every internship and wrote to every magazine, to see if  I could get my foot on the ladder to being an amazing journalist. Months of nothing, and now, I've juts been given a paid two month internship, one month at home and one month in office, and I have a work placement with one of the longest established magazines on the market!

So I've gone from panicking about a lack of journalism work, to writing 50 articles a week!

I suppose its true what they say, good things come to those who wait...and to those who send pestering emails! 

No comments:

Post a Comment